So some weird things have been happening to me lately in terms of bumping into people I have photographed before.....I guess it isn't unusual to occasionally bump into the same people in London because I live here, but in Paris? on separate visits? in completely different locations? WOAH!Auban I photographed the first time in the Marais, back in May. We chatted about Matthew Williamson's line for H&M as he was wearing a scarf from the collection (below) and I learnt he was a student studying fashion in Paris. Then, when I was back in Paris in June, I bumped into him again in a completely different arrondissement! I didn't recognise him at first (I'm gonna blame the sunglasses!) but when I started my hestitant parlez vous-ing, he was like "Yes, I speak English, and you have photographed me before in the Marais!" As soon as he said that I was like a Labrador faced with an unattended dining room table piled high with roast turkey and all the trimmings-EXCITED! In fact I was so excited to see him (I do like a friendly repeat photographic encounter :)) that I suspect I scared poor Auban into almost dropping his numerous shopping bags.
And then there was the lovely Adrien (below), a student in fashion history, who I photographed and chatted to outside the Dior Homme show. I was rather taken by the Yves Saint Laurent star on his jacket which was a gift from his parents for his recent birthday.
As I was walking along, chatting to a couple of the other bloggers on last week's day trip to Paris, I spotted Adrien again! And did the whole Labrador thing over again :)
And then there was the lovely couple from South Korea/Japan , Jun and Yukari, who I spotted outside the Francisco Van Benthum show in Paris, and again, when I was standing around outside the WOUND party in London a couple of weeks ago!
And then there was another girl from the Marais (you remember the girl wearing the blue floral shorts, white tee and headphones back in May?) who I then saw at the Dior Homme show!Sometimes the world seems very, very small* :)
*except when you have to take a 23 hour plane flight back home squished into an economy seat ;-) Then the world seems very BIG!